This post is also available in: Español
We are sure that if you like the mountain as much as we do, you have more than one pair of worn-out trekking poles at home and you may have wondered how to change their tips. After so many adventures in the mountains, the toe caps wear out and no longer have the same traction as the first day.
That’s why one of the best trekking tips we can give you is to change the toe caps of your poles. We tell you how to do it, read on!
Instructions for changing the trekking pole tips
Follow the following step by step instructions:
- The first thing you should do is to take a stick and carefully remove the worn rubber tip.
- It is then time to clean off any dust or dirt that may have accumulated.
- When it is clean, take the spare tip and twist it until it is fully fixed on the stick.
- Check it by resting the cane on the ground to make sure the new toe is securely attached.
- Finally, repeat the same procedure with the other cane.
They look almost as good as new!
Why it is important to change the tips?
As we have already mentioned, the toe caps wear out as they rub on the ground, so when we see that they are already very worn we should change them. This will prevent falls and help you walk better whatever the surface you are walking on.
And in case you don’t have poles, don’t worry, you won’t have to worry about changing the trekking pole tips. On tours like Torres del Paine W trek or during the Inca Jungle-Machu Picchu you can rent them and forget about having to set up your poles.
Now you can do some of the best trekking routes in South America with your almost new poles and not worry about it. Are you ready to start the adventure?