- Tour details
- What to bring
Cejar Lagoon Atacama Tour
Visit the Laguna Cejar departing from San Pedro de Atacama with a guide
With the Cejar Lagoon Atacama Tour you will get to know one of the landscapes that complete the northern sector of the Atacama Salt Flat. During this tour you will visit the Cejar Lagoon, the Piedra Lagoon, the Ojos del Salar and the Tebenquinche Lagoon. Get your swimsuit ready! Immerse yourself in the waters of the Cejar Lagoon and enjoy an unforgettable experience floating without having to make any effort. This phenomenon is due to the high content of salt and minerals that are diluted in these waters.
Ready to live this experience? 😊 Keep reading!
- Professional guide (Spanish - English)
- Snack, juice and pisco sour
- Entrance to Cejar Lagoon
- Entrance to Tebenquinche Lagoon
Please note that during the months of October to March the departure time may vary slightly. You will be informed of the exact time the day before the tour.
Free cancellation! If you cancel at least 48 hours before the tour starts, you will receive 100% of the amount paid. After this time, or in case of no-show, no refunds will be given.
Cejar Lagoon Atacama Tour
Altitude: 2,342 m.a.s.l.
📍 Pîck up in San Pedro de Atacama
The tour will start when the whole group is gathered at the San Pedro de Atacama. Ready? The Cejar Lagoon Atacama Tour begins!
Cejar Lagoon - Piedra Lagoon
The driver will head to the Salar de Atacama to enjoy its spectacular lagoons, its turquoise blue color will surprise you. The first stop will be the Cejar Lagoon, a lake even saltier than the Dead Sea! You will not forget this unique landscape, a magnificent palette of colors surrounded by imposing volcanoes.
The next stop will be Laguna Piedra, where you will enjoy a swim experiencing the floating effect, similar to the Dead Sea.
Eyes of the Salt Flat - Tebenquinche Lagoon
Next, the Ojos del Salar are two deep fresh water wells that look like penetrating eyes of intense blue and are an oasis in the heart of one of the driest deserts in the world. Do you dare to take a dip?
The last stop of the tour is the Tebenquinche Lagoon. You will walk along its path and appreciate the magnificent views where the sky merges with the desert and the whiteness of the salt.
🚐 Return to San Pedro de Atacama
After putting a final touch with a snack accompanied by a pisco sour, the Cejar Lagoon Atacama Tour will come to an end with the return at 19:30 to the municipal parking lot of San Pedro de Atacama.
What to bring to Cejar Lagoon Atacama Tour
- Trekking shoes
- Comfortable and warm clothes
- Cash (pesos) for the tickets.
Where does the tour Cejar Lagoon Atacama Tour start
The tour starts in San Pedro de Atacama and most travelers arrive from 3 zones:
- From Santiago de Chile: the most advisable option is to do it by direct plane to Calama. Upon arrival you can take a transfer to San Pedro de Atacama. We recommend the company Transfer Pampa for being the most reliable.
- From Peru: most probably you will arrive directly from Cuzco or Arequipa. In this case we recommend you to take a bus that crosses the Arica-Tacna border and then takes you to San Pedro de Atacama, although it is a somewhat complex combination, since it is necessary to combine several buses.
- From Salta (Argentina): there is a direct bus that takes approximately 11 hours.